Huck (Splavnukha/Splaunucha), Russia
Population of the Village
Huck, also known as Splavnukha or Splaunucha, was founded on 1 July 1767 with 79 families from the area of Isenburg and Palatinate. The village is located on the Bergseite, approximately 50 miles southwest of Saratov along the Yelkhovka Creek, near the Splavnukha River from which it takes the Russian name.
(Courtesy of the Center for Volga German Studies)
*Including 172 families that have permanently relocated elsewhere (to daughter colonies on the Wiesenseite, to the Caucasus, and to America.
**Of whom 5,109 were German.
***Of whom 5,014 were German.
****Of whom 5,188 were German.
The congregation in Huck was originally part of the Reformed parish headquartered in the village of Norka. A wooden church was built in Huck in 1840.
The congregation of Huck was served by the following pastors:
Johann Georg Herwig
Johann Baptista Cattaneo
(prior to) 1910-1915